Enjoy longer days and warmer nights while protecting your investment. Summertime is the best time to be outside enjoying the weather. Make sure your deck or patio is ready for the summer sun by keeping in mind this Summer House maintenance tips below from PINNACLE GROUP:
• Check deck or patio for possible deterioration and safety hazards such as loose boards and protruding nails. Look over the deck areas for signs of rotting and hammer in any nails that are poking up. Then, determine if your deck needs sealing. Sprinkle water on the deck’s boards. If the water beads up, you’re in good shape; but if it soaks right in, it’s time to reseal it.
• Check all window and door locks to ensure correct functioning. Make sure all locks are secure and there are no holes in any of the screens.
• Inspect recreational equipment for proper operation and possible dangers (e.g., Are swing sets secure, and do they contain any rusty bolts?).
• Carefully inspect your toilet. Look for the erosion of plastic floater valves, and check all pipe connections.
• Clean or replace your furnace filter.
• Clean the clothes dryer exhaust duct and space under the dryer. Remove all lint, dust and pieces of material.
• Inspect washing machine hoses periodically, and replace hoses that show signs of wear or leakage.
• Have your roof inspected by a professional once every few years to identify areas of potential leakage.
• Be a leak detective. Check your hoses and exterior faucets for leaks — even a tiny drip can add up to a big waste of water. Pinhole leaks in hoses can be covered up by winding regular electrical tape around the (dry) hose in overlapping layers.
• Check detectors. Check your home’s smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they’re working properly.
For all your Home or Property Maintenance and Repairs, we are a 24/7 maintenance company and you can Contact us as below: